You may (or may not) be surprised to know that hotel linens are the most sought-after item by guests after their stay in a hotel room. It seems when they love the comfortable sheets used by the hotel during their visit, they want to have the same luxury in their own homes.
If you want to leave a comfortable impression with your guests, you must first learn more about the different types of sheets, thread counts, and fabrics to help you make a good choice for your hotel linen needs. First there are a few things to know:
- What is Thread Count? – This refers to the number of vertical and horizontal threads per square inch of the sheet material. A higher thread count number indicates a softer and more comfortable sheet that will wash well and become even more comfortable with use. Good quality sheets can range from 180 to over 1,000 thread count.
- What is Percale? – Percale sheets refer to the type of weave used to make the sheet, not the material used. Percale hotel linens are typically cotton sheets with the signature tight weave, which offers a smooth and elegant feel.
Here are a few pointers to help you decide which sheets would be the best for your guests:
Hotel Linens Buying Guide
- 180 Thread Count – The standard choice for hospitality use, 180 thread count sheets are designed to be washed and replaced frequently. The “single pick” construction provides a tighter weave, which makes them extremely durable, and a good choice for the hospitality industry. Cotton/polyester blend sheets are stronger and softer than muslin, and are easy to care for with quick drying times to save time and energy.
- 250 Thread Count – For hotels who want to upgrade their hotel linens, yet still stay on budget, 250 thread count sheets are a great choice. The 250 threads per square inch make these sheets softer than our 180 thread count sheets, and the single pick construction and cotton/polyester blend gives you the durability you need with the comfort your guests deserve.
- 310 Thread Count – These sheets offer a luxurious feel and appearance with the tone-on-tone striping that you and your guests will appreciate. These super-soft 310 thread count sheets take your guests’ sleep experience to the next level with a cotton/polyester blend that makes them as durable as they are comfortable.
- Micro-Percale – If you are looking for comfort at a great cost, 100% polyester micro-fiber sheets are a great solution. Get the soft and smooth feel of 400 thread count luxury sheets, but at fraction of the cost. Micro-percale sheets are easy to care for, require no ironing, and are stain resistance.
National Hospitality offers a variety of different types of hotel linens for your guests. We sell sheets and pillowcases from 180 to 310 thread-count and offer a large inventory of in-stock items for quick and efficient delivery to your door. Feel free to contact us for industry advice for hotel linens for your business.