An RV, Recreational Vehicle is usually a motor vehicle or trailer that is usually equipped with home amenities mostly used for road-trip adventures. These motor vehicles are made for those people who love to travel and camping.
Types of RVs
There are several types of RVs available in the market and one can choose either to buy or rent. These types include;
- Class A which are the largest and are ideal if you intend to stay a long time away from home. They have additional amenities such as living room, cockpit and more.
- Class B RVs offer amenities similar to class A but in a smaller and more economical way. They are ideal for about 3 travellers.
- Class C RVs which incorporate aspects from both Class A and B.
- Travel Trailers which are usually pulled by pickup trucks, SUVs or minivans
- Fifth Wheel trailers, they are huge and require a special mount to ensure stability.
- Popup trailer are much smaller and lighter to pull. They are usually made of foldable canvas that can be extended out.
- Truck campers are usually camping units that can be slid on the back of a pickup truck. They are quite affordable and most offer a toilet, kitchen and a shower.
RV storage near me
Recreational Vehicles are great to have but what happens after your vacation is over? Where do you store you RV? Not many people have the space in the home compound to store their RVs. For some, they do have the space but they live in a neighborhood that has strict policies that hinder you from storing your RV in your home. This can be very stressful considering how big of a vehicle an RV is.
The good news is that there are probably several RV storage near you to help you safely store your RV till when you need it next. To find a good storage for your RV you can ask for referrals from friends or family who own RVs or you can just Google for one by simply entering your ZIP code or city and you will see a list of all the available companies that offer storage services and the type of RVs that they can accommodate and at what price.
Why should I store my RV in a storage facility?
A majority of the people who choose to store their recreational vehicles in storage facilities do so either because they lack enough space in their homes or because it is against neighborhood policies to store RVs in their property.
Apart from these two reasons, there are a number of advantages that come along with storing your RV in a storage facility. Some of these reasons include;
- Storage facilities are more secure than having the vehicle in your backyard
- They offer superior kind of storage with either indoor or sheltered RV storage to keep your vehicle safe from harsh weather elements hence saving you on money that you could have otherwise spent on repairing damages on your RV.